Saturday, May 20, 2006

I gigged!

One of my first few gigs and it was great fun. Played with Pat at the Arts house ... we did our fav. songs, like 'on & on' by the longpigs, 'Wish you were here' by Pink Floyd and 'Here comes the Sun' by the Beatles.. and we played 'Poetry and Rhyme,' one of my own songs. It actually turned out pretty well. =)

It's amazing how interconnected everyone in the scene is. Today i found out the guy that plays for Astreal and who runs Wallworks is actually my primary schoolmate. We caught up on all the 10 plus years since primary school. I was amazed that he remembered me all the way back from Nanyang days.

I'm planning to take a year out for music and do abit of translating/free-lance writing work on the side. Planning to move to Bangkok next year when the lease ends and stay with my Dad. I've always wanted to live in Thailand for an extended period. I think Bangkok is a really exciting city with loads to discover... and when I go there I'll be able to brush up on my Thai. Now all i got to do is figure out how to get a work permit.

It's amazing how life can be sometimes. I'm so glad i decided to stick around.

=) Thank kew God.

1 comment:

brian koh said...

haha, congrats on the gig. haha, how weird, catching up with Nick was it?