Sunday, May 01, 2011

Shapes

Time and time and time
again,
the colors build
the shapes grow old

Tattered and worn,
tossed and scattered
The edges, worn down
have lost their
jauntiness

I look at you,
you look at me...

I see a faint outline

Who are you and
What are you defined by?

A keen sense for
verbal calisthenics and
quaint accents?

A sloping back
and a slack jaw
in the midst of
sonorous slumber?

A solid nod
and bear strong hands?

A worn-out shape
and teary eyes?

A smile that lights
up your face

...and my life respectively?

I've decided not.

Love defines you.
It's your shape
Love defines you

..and when I strip it down
to the core
There is nothing more
and nothing less

than the shape
I know so well.


Your shape is love.

2 comments:

sharon said...

love your poems deb:)! do you still have the notebook we used to right in? maybe it's with me...you used to right such deep and interesting stuff and i used to reply with some shallow crap:)

edharob said...

haha... i can't remember writing deep stuff. I remember one entry either you or i wrote about CNY and looking forward to the Hong Baos..

I don't think I have it. I haven't seen it for years. If you find it let me know! I'd be stoked to read what we wrote back then. =)