Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Pleasure

It's been a real busy past few days. My sis came up to visit... we had a good day together .. I brought her to this really cool cafe called 'Agalico' which she had been looking forward to visiting before she came up. Apparently the name 'Agalico' comes from a Sanskrit Buddhist word that means, 'to be alone'. Which our Thai Friend, A , who's really into Buddhism, explained to us.

It's my last week here. I'm wrapping things up here. Or so I believe. And preparing for my trip to NYC. It's been such a strange and yet lovely time here. I still don't understand alot of things that are happening to me, or around me. But, I guess it's all good.

I had a good lunch time conversation with my Japanese Colleagues today. They're all significantly older than me, but today we talked about happiness. And whether or not being rich guarantees happiness. Sensei Abe told me that she's seen so much of the world and has had so much opportunity as compared to the people who live in the slums. But it seems to her that quite a few of the people she knows in the slums are happy with their lives in spite of their relative 'lack' of riches or opportunity. They have an attitude to life, summarized in the Thai words, 'Phoo Yuu Phoo Kin' which means 'Enough to live by, enough to eat.'

I think it boils down to our expectations and learning how to be content in every situation. The same situation can cause us to feel good or bad, depending on the level of our expectations.

Said goodbye to Amy, Art, Sara and Heather today. Had dinner at my place... Khan made dinner for us and it was really yummy. And cosy.

Afterwhich we went to the 'Good Evening' restaurant/pub to listen to Art sing. It was pretty good... we were sharing our tastes in men.... Amy and I both like Jerry Seinfeld and Ben Stiller. Apparently alot of other people don't think they're cute? I don't know, Ben Stiller looks abit like a monkey at times (read: Zoolander) but have you seen him in 'Envy'? With the floppy black hair and blue eyes? mmm..mmm. =) I told them that I used to have the biggest crush on Arnold Schwarzenegger ever since I watched 'Terminator 2' and they were like... 'What??!?!?!' haha. I guess I just really liked the Terminator. His character was so beautiful.

Other cute guys we talked about

1) Edward Furlong in 'Terminator 2'
2) The main character that killed himself in 'Dead Poet's Society'
3) Brad Pitt (no need to elaborate)
4) Edward Norton (for his 'deep' character roles)

No comments: