Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rest Day

Oooh... I took another day off from work today. I think I'll need a job that gives me plenty of flexibility to think, reflect and catch up on life!

I went to yet another cool cafe. This one's called 'Le Gourmet' and .. let me tell you.. if there's one place that's value for money.. it's this place. It's at a quiet back corner of a Japanese strip of shops and supermarkets. I found out about the cafe from a Jap. Magazine that had been translated into Thai for the Bangkokians (and others who can read Thai i guess)

Anyway, what a cute little shop! There was glass table which had goldfishes swimming in it! Yes really! I wanted to sit on that table but then I realized there wasn't enough leg room and wasn't too conducive for me to study.

Anyway, the menu is like this, you can order a tea and it comes with a cake or chocolate of your choice (all the stuff is imported from France I think) and so I ordered a Chamomile Tea and some chocolate looking petite cake. And they brought those two items and an ice tea (welcome drink) and a plate of four macaroon (welcome dessert?) to my table.

Spent about 2 hours or so just working on my Japanese workbook. It was really hard finding words in those word mazes that were in there, had to keep on referring to the earlier pages ... now I know how to say and write 'Island' , 'duck' and 'wind' in Japanese. ... 'Shima', 'Ahiru', 'Kaze' respectively. HAhah.. my great acheivement of the day. So glad I decided to pay this rather expensive coffeeshop a visit instead of the nearby Gloria Jeans man. The number of cool coffeeshops and restaurants in Bangkok is simply endless - even the most intrepid explorer would have difficultly visiting all of them. Some of them are just so hidden away it's impossible to find, even with a map. Trust me, I tried finding this Cafe called 'To die for' on Thonglor street last week. I spent an hour trying to find it. It really was quite a mortal experience.

Dinner beckons.

Will update with some really cool pics of this other cafe I visited the other day called 'Agalico' mmm.... another piece of heaven.

No comments: