Tuesday, July 05, 2005

East Village

Right now I'm staying at Gono's.. in East Village. It was his first day of work today and he looked really smart in his shirt and tie and suitcase. Hahah.... had a fleeting impression of what it could possibly feel like to be married and see one's husband going to work in the morning while you're still half-asleep in bed.

Anyways, the apartment felt pretty empty after he left and then I found myself thinking, 'hmm...i definitely want to work and not be a Tai tai' Yesterday night Gono and I had a very interesting discussion on Investment firms, Enron and outsourcing. The financial world really seems like a separate universe. It's all so intangible, like just numbers and knowledge and connections and politics, but yet it has so much repercussions and influence on people all over the world. Pretty mind boggling.

Finally going to meet up with Natascha today. Yesterday I was supposed to catch the 4th of July fireworks with her and her friends but she was so late in calling me I gave up waiting and went out with Kelvin Neu and his friends instead. It was lovely. THe fireworks! There were smiley faces and falling stardust. Fireworks bring back so many good memories. .. like the time I was in UK with Rach and joining in the festivities for the Queens Birthday, or the time in Phuket I caught New Years with almost stranger, mostly friend Khit then, also the time in Vancouver when me, Leonard, Heiks, Ian and some others were setting off fireworks on our own! And also on my 24th B-day when Leonard called and asked me to look out of the window- fireworks! I'm going to write a song titled just that.

No comments: