Tuesday, July 19, 2005

In Japan and pissed off about nasty neighbors in SG

I'm now using the computer in Sophia University or Jiu Tchi Dai Gaku, as they call it. It's been great staying with Satomi in Shiba. I love her room.. it's really quiet where she stays and I've been able to get more sleep and get over the jet-lag and sleepless nights that have been plauging me since NYC.

I went to Shibuya today and to be honest, i don't really like it. Too crowded and commercialized for my liking. But I guess that's Tokyo for you. I like the area around here better, it seems more laid back and much less crowded.

I'm feeling quite pissed off - I just got this email from my mom that my neighbors complained that our family had been a source of noise pollution for a long time eversince we moved in. What bullshit! Our next door neighbors have been a nasty source of air pollution since even before we moved in... they keep on burning their incense papers and stinking up all the other apartments in the vicinity. It's against HDB rulings to do that and they continually do it, regardless of the fact that the smoke permeates into other peoples houses and stinks up the place.

Ok, so granted, I played the guitar at 6am one morning... but so what.. .it's not like I do that all the time. In fact, I almost never do it! To be honest, I really dislike my neighbors. Makes my blood boil just to think of how mean and inconsiderate they have been in regards to their burning of incense papers and how intolerant they are over alittle bit of morning noise.

Also, I don't get why the HDB hasn't taken more serious measures against them because I have complained several times but it doesn't seem like anything is being done to ensure that they stop burning incense paper along the corridor. Seems like there's some kind of double standard going on here.

Grrr...

No comments: