Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Do you Care?

I know i do.

Even if i'm tired and stressed up. I care.

http://www.thinkcentre.org/article.cfm?ArticleID=2570 <------ click here to find out what about.

Today I heard a medical student remark that he wouldn't mind being a psychiatrist because 'alot of Singaporeans are going crazy' or a plastic surgeon because the operations are easy to do and not life-threatening, and bottom-line: they both would make lots of money. Easy life, good money. Who wouldn't want that?

It makes me sad. Because they're true on both counts. Pragmatism, bottom-line markers, being practical - all very important in this day and age. That's what sane people are all about. Pooh, pooh to idealism, social justice and freedom of thought and expression. Goodbye to all that.

But what will make us even more crazy as Singaporeans is if we let others define what 'being crazy' for us is - if we let others decide what being sane is all about.

What's sane for you? A doctor who genuinely cares about about his patients or a doctor who genuinely cares for his pockets?

You decide.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FAKE PLASTIC TREES

The green plastic watering can
For a fake chinese rubberplant
In the fake plastic earth
That she bought from a rubber man
In a town full of rubber plans
To get rid of itself
It wears her out
It wears her out
It wears her out
It wears her out
She lives with a broken man
A cracked polystyrene man
Who just crumbles and burns
He used to do surgery
for girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins
And it wears him out
And it wears him out
And it wears him out
She looks like the real thing
She tastes like the real thing
My fake plastic love
But I can't help the feeling
I could blow through the ceiling
if I just turned and ran
And it wears me out
It wears me out
It wears me out
If I could be who you wanted
if I could be who you wanted all the time

-Radiohead


No comments: