Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Luckiest

I don't get many things the first time
in fact, I'm told that alot
now i know all the wrong turns, the stumbles, the falls
brought me here
and where was I before the day
that I first saw your lovely face
now I sin everyday

And I know
that I am
I am, I am
the luckiest

What if I'd be born
50 years before you
in a house on the street where you live
maybe I'd be outside
as you passed on your bike
would I know

And in a wide sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
and I know

that I am, I am,
I am the luckiest

I love you more than
I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man
who live to his nineties
and one day passed away in his sleep
and his wife
she stayed for a couple of days
and passed away

I'm sorry I know that's a
strange way to tell you
I know we belong

that I know that
I am, I am,
I am the luckiest

'The Luckiest' By Ben Folds

No comments: