Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Zenotti's

Well, I checked out this place with a friend today who had been raving about it from before... =) it was alright. Italian food, good ambience, good 'live' music, and good food. Pleasant company.

But anyways, there are tonnes of good italian restaurants like these all over Bangkok. This is just one of the many out there - so I guess it wasn't all that 'fatastico' for me, culinarily speaking.

Today has been a rather 'down' day for me. Not circumstancially.. but just in terms of thoughts and emotions - i mean, it's not necessarily a bad thing... but it does mean a 'low mood' day.

I don't know why really - maybe it's being in a different culture that makes me think of 'home' more.

But then again, where is 'home'?

Coz' there hasn't been a single day in my life where I felt that Singapore was home. And I can easily say that my home (as in the place where I lived) didn't feel really like a home for most of my life.

And where do my thoughts go to at times like these ... I dunno.. distant sun-drenched images of childhood: my parents pulling me out on a rubber tire to look at the gardens of coral reefs around Rawa island.

My brother, sister and me hanging out together, fooling around and pestering each other.

Walking down the hill in Jalan Ampang.

Walking after dinner around the neighborhood in Jalan Ampang.

Chilling out on the balcony at home in 33 Jalan Ampang.

Lying in my bed when I have just woken up, and watching the sunlight play shadows across my cupboard doors in the home I used to have in Jalan Ampang.

No comments: